octubre 20, 2004

the good with the bad

i'm having an interesting week. Things are going good. I've managed to do all the readings needed for my classes. All my response papers have been written and turned in ahead of time. So my life seems to finally be putting itself into order. Plus since I know everything there is to know about photosynthesis i rocked my bio exam and got an A which means that I can breathe a little easier and not have to worry too much about the labs.

which is exactly where things always start to go wrong. my body is exhausted. i havent slept for longer than 4 hour streches for more than a week now. my readings are depressing me. i have a 10 page paper thats looming on the horizon. my job is taking its toll on me. too much responsibility and as always i'm filled with doubt that i'm not doing it well enough. to top it off my mom is having surgery on friday to remove another lump. this time their saying its preventative but i've been in enough hospitals and dealing with enough doctors for long enough to be concerned.

but i'm not there. thats the point. i cant go to the hospital with her and hold her hand and joke about how shes wearing heels and makeup for surgery. i'm over here. it hits me that i'm not going to be there for her when i leave school either. i'll always be away.

at least my brother is there though to be with her. that allows me to not be as worried.

oh the upside i'm always better able to focus on my schoolwork when i'm in crisis mode, so at least i know my grades are gonna rock this semester.

some links:
http://www.nerve.com/dispatches/thebodiespolitic/

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

that's an interesting link you found, jes. a little weird, but interesting nonetheless.

and thank you for the impromptu visit. it was great seeing you. tell ev that i say thanks to her too.