junio 09, 2004

minesweeper owns me

ah the hazy days of summer when its completly socially acceptable to wake up in the afternoon, answer the phone, and then go back to sleep. except that this summer my brain is refusing to shut off, which makes it hard to enjoy doing absolutely nothing when your brain craves stimulating conversation and good books. unfortunately my summer book is still in the mail on its way over here and so in the meantime i have nothing to read, which isnt so pleasant. my attempts to go into the public library and read something else have been ruined by the fact that i'm now spoiled, and everytime i enter a public library i just think about how quaint it is and how this isnt a real library especially since all of my favorite authors are missing from their collections. and then i just think to myself "how is this a real library if irene klepfisz isnt included in it?" so then i just back away and leave the library sad about my lack of good summer reading.

but yea, so far this summer i've started the process of figuring out what i'm going to do this summer, and yea its late but its better than never starting at all. i sent my resume out to the one non-profit that seems to combine everything i love and do it well, but the problem is that they dont have a specific internship in Houston although they are offering two in San Antonio where the Texas branch of the nonprofit is based. personally i love them so much that if it came to it i would move to san antonio just to work for them, but hopefully they'll figure something out for me to do here in Houston. hopefully.

and what else. i'll keep it short and just leave y'all with things to go through on your own time:

*everything you ever wanted to know about intersexed births
*the stupidity of the bushes never ceases to amaze me (melissa, you should read this)

and a quiz just to keep things interesting:

I am an Intellectual



Which America Hating Minority Are You?


Take More Robert & Tim Quizzes
Watch Robert & Tim Cartoons

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

why did your sidebar move down so far?

Brendth dijo...

yo, i think Blogger is having issues... same junk happened on my page. I had to re-install the template just to get rid of it. Well, i didn't have to, but it was faster than checking EVERY line of code.