noviembre 03, 2004

there are more of them then there are of us

so yea. now what? its obvious where the majority of the country stands. and its a scary and depressing thought. I had the feeling Bush would win. probably because I'm a pessimist. mostly because in my heart I knew that its not enough to just hate the other guy with a passion. your guy must be someone that you just as passionately love. I never loved Kerry. politically he was too much a coward, too afraid to speak his mind, too concerned with not alienating the "conservatives."

where did it all go wrong? where did we, as liberals, go wrong? what does it say about our electoral system when you concede before 3 states' electoral votes have been accounted?

why do I want to be a citizen of the united states?

Bush winning is bad enough. the fact that all 11 states voted to ban gay marriage is like John Stewart said "just like this bad dream I had the other night." its depressing. utterly all consuming depression.

how can you ban love? with so much hate in the world why regulate love? I don't understand it. I just don't.

I had the honor of getting to meet and talk at length with Marcie Hershman (who teaches creative writing at Tufts) author of "Tales of the Master Race". The novel presents the Holocaust from the perspective of ordinary Germans, through a series of short stories. For me the novel helped explain how ordinary Germans could allow the Holocaust to happen. Strangely enough, even though incredibly hard for me to read, it gave me hope, especially in these troubling times. That the little acts of resistance that we do add up to something. I have to hope that they do.

So on that note. Obama for 2008! or Hillary for 2008! we'll make it through another 4 years. we just have to. and hopefully old republicans will just croak already and stop voting. that at the very least brings me some comfort.

Some random links to keep your mind off things:

* drugs are bad
* have all the sex you want with 17yr olds, just dont tape it.
* this guy needs a different hobby
* did you know that vibrators were the fifth thing that was connected to electricity? right after the sewing machine, the tea kettle, the toaster and the fan and before the vacuum cleaner. now with a history like that why would Alabama ban them?
*eek!
*a vaguely hopeful political link

No hay comentarios.: