agosto 07, 2004

save a horse. ride a cowboy.

there are many things that i love about Houston. and then there is an even larger number of things that I loathe about Houston. or maybe their just general loathings. for example:

**men leering at me: i have no problem with men looking at me. i have a problem with them leering and/or staring. once they start trying to talk to me and invade my personal space i have to just restrain myself from hurting them. i'm personally just to the point where i wish they would try something because i'd kick their ass. and then laugh. and point.

**traffic: i understand theres a lot of ppl in houston. i get it. but why it takes me 30-45 minutes to go 2 blocks is beyond me. like when theres an accident or something it makes sense. but everyday? ridiculous. whats sad is i've gotten to the point where if i get home from work in 45 minutes i'm like "oh wow that was quick" which is sick because it should take like 20 minutes since its all freeway to get there.

**idiots who cant drive: now i'm not the best driver in the world. i get it. i manage to hurt other people's cars when i'm walking (not a joke i completly broke some guys mirror with my elbow the other day). but its gotten to the point where i completly understand road range now. like when some idiot is driving in front of me on the freeway going like 45 (on the freeway) i have to restrain myself from slamming my car into theirs. or from flicking them off. which is why its a good thing i dont have a gun in my car.

**Bush stickers on hummers. or bmws. or Ford F150s: yea. I kinda wish i carried a carton of eggs with me so i could just egg peoples cars. but then i remind myself that everyone has a right to be an idiot. and to their own idiotic opinion. and yet still theres a part of me that wants to slash their tires. except that would only cement them in their own idiotic opinion. and then what.

so umm yea. venting makes things better. oh and i got a cellphone. even though i kinda hate cell phones. they annoy me and i think their rude and obnoxious. i like how i get things that i dont really want, but things that i do want i dont get. lovely.

and this might just be the most hillarious one yet. so read it. love it. loathe it. either one.

2 comentarios:

jes dijo...

i can one up you. there have been various times when i've been stuck in traffic for hours and its a saturday at like 3pm. and theres no accident. or anything. it makes me mad.

Lasu dijo...

Perhaps Jess, you just haven't mastered the art of navigating in Houston. To be honest, I haven't been stuck in traffic adding more than 5-10 minutes to my commute in months now. Can barely remember the last time. Just have to know which areas/freeways/intersections to avoid at which times of the day. Then again, aside from 59 north of Houston and the Beltway, I tend to avoid all the other freeways in general. Eh.

Amen on the Bush/Cheney stickers on Ford F-gazillon fiddys, etc. Those just rile me up.