agosto 01, 2004

random ramblings

This marked my first week at work where I was the primary person in the office handling all the responsibilites. I even got a key, but with that key came the not so fun aspect of having to be into work by 9am especially since I'm not a morning person. And when you add in at least a half hour commute (when traffic is flowing incredibly well) then you have a situation when you get home and your just exhausted. but even with the exhausting I've had a lot of good things happen this week, like I found Pocky (the delicious Japanese snack)in the Randalls by my house. I like how I can buy Japanese goodies, Mexican cheese, Colombian malta(kinda rootbeer-ish soda), Kosher salt, and American bread at my neighboorhood store. The joys of living in a gigantic city. Although the traffic sucks enough ass to make me never want to live here permanently. Sad. but eh.

In other news my daddy is officially moving to San Antonio. The end of an era. Its been in the works for a while now, and after my daddy's heart scare it seemed like it might not happen but now it is happening my dad just needs to say when he's ready to go. Its sad but I've had enough time to process it so that it doesnt sting so bad. I've talked my mom into taking his phone number so I dont lose the one time thats been constant in my life since I moved here. Theres something insanely comforting about knowing that people that knew me in 6th grade can still randomly call me using the same number.

And what else. I found this great Argentinian bakery and deli by my house. If i went to college here thats where I would live reading my books and writing my papers. I wish we had a place like that in South Hadley. I've noticed that when ppl ask me were I go to school I'm really excited to tell them all about it. I figure that I'll educate the world about the wonders of Moho one person at a time.

My job is going ultra well since I pick up things insanely quickly. I can now process loan applications all by myself which means that I can review a credit report, gauge financial capacity, and evaluate the monetary worth of collateral all by myself. I can also close a loan application by myself too. Except ppl sometimes come in and since I look so young they assume that their loans are just too complicated for me. Which is stupid because trained monkeys could do the work that these ppl do. Except thats not nice to tell ppl so I've resisted the urge to be rude and just tell ppl that I understand their loan is important and that I've been trained very well. What I want to do is put them in their place and tell them that I'm smarter and better educated than they can ever hope to be, but thats not really the kind of attitude you can take when you work in a non-profit. Thus my conundrum in wanting to help people but really hating people sometimes. Eh. such is life.

My brother is coming back to Texas today. Which means I no longer have my parents all to myself so I have to share and I'm not so good at sharing so we'll see how this all plays out. But the good news is I'm back at Moho in 26 days. I'm unsure how I'm getting there and I have no idea what my room looks like. Although I know its huge. Which is good since I like huge.

I figure I'll spend my time home as best I can. Continuing to eat yummy food and learning how to cook "traditional" meals. and then before I know it I shall be back with my girls. ahh such excitement. The idea that I'm a senior keeps hitting me at random times, like on the drive home or in the supermarket. Eeek! It'll be okay though. I hope.

1 comentario:

Brendth dijo...

Jes,

Call me. I need to know what's up with going back to school. Else i'ma be assed out. (Which could affect you, somehow.)
Later.