agosto 06, 2006

baby baby baby

I still haven't unpacked. Its now August, and I've been in Houston since April and I'm still living out of a suitcase. Well suitcases. I'm entirely too much of a clothes whore to live out of one suitcase for any significant period of time.

More of my things arrived today. More clothes. My linens. But most importantly my painting stuff is finally here. I looked at easels today, since my brother in all his random awesomeness gave me a gift certificate to buy one, and I found myself contemplating how seriously I want to take painting. Its one of those things that I love and when its out of my life for large amounts of time I definately feel its absence. Like my arm is missing type of absence. But for some reason spending a chunk of money on a quality easel seems wrong. Like how much am I really going to paint to justify it. The whole thing is silly because I would just spend that same money on a cute pair of heels or yet another dress and in the long term the easel would make me happier.

So yea. Its totally amusing that the easel would be my first real piece of furniture. And in all honesty I'm probably just get a nice easel made out of oak and not one made of aluminum...but then again its me and I might just decide that the money would be better spend on a pair of black stilletos that have been calling my name.

And as for the boy. I like him enough to know I'm in trouble.

2 comentarios:

jpabad dijo...

I don't think you have much of a choice...
you're going to need to get art supplies with the gift certificate to the art supply store...

jes dijo...

ohh I'm definately getting art supplies its just a question of how high a quality of easel I buy.

(thanks again!)