abril 22, 2006

That last shot was what did him in

Last night began innocently enough. I was going downtown to meet friends at a bar, that looked nice and non-sketchy. It somehow ended up 4 hours later with me watching one of my dear friends being handcuffed and strip searched outside of Chachos, my very favorite quasi-mexican 24 hr restaurant. Now this was troubling for several reasons. One the image of my friend spread eagle with his pants around this legs as about five sheriffs hovered around him tarnishes some of my good feelings towards Chachos, which is awful because their tortillas are incredible (so doughy, so sweet, the perfect thickness, always fresh...yum). Two I thought he was going to be deported for being a general drunken fool. And three we went there to get him sobered up so he could drive home, so I felt bad for bringing him to the place where he would ultimately be arrested. Thankfully though they let him go (I'm still not sure why) and I drove him to another friends house so they could get his car and what not. The funniest part was when I called my mom around 4ish to let her know what was going on, and I made the mistake of starting by talking about how my friend had been arrested but then quickly realized that I was giving her a heart attack for no reason when I should have started by saying that I was perfectly fine, safe, sober, and was not being arrested.

Now this whole incident wasn't as shocking as it could have been if lets say I was the one who was being arrested, since this particular nameless friend always acts like an idiot when hes drunk. He's one of those merry drunks who gets really mad really quickly over really trivial things that just kind of balloon out of control. Like that time he almost got us killed when were at the beach when he decided he was going to talk some shit to some cholos just because they flashed their lights at us. Normally someone keeps him in check and the night goes on with minimal damage. This time however things happened so quickly that there was no one who could stop things from going the way they did. I went inside to get some water and wait for them, came back outside to call and find out where they were only to discover him in handcuffs.

But yea, it was a good night. A memorable night. Some impossibly intoxicated guy kept calling me mama. I realized pretty quickly that he called all women mama, which for some reason made it acceptable and not justification to get maced. And what else? Oh the women at the bar were really interesting. It was a very eastern European vibe which I liked, but once again I had one of those moments were I realized how much moho changed me, since when I watched them dancing on the stage with one another it was pretty transparent that they were only doing it to get attention from the men there, and for some reason that seemed so bizarre to me. Not like I've never gotten on a bar and danced, but it was always when I was out with a large pack of my female friends, and only then to make one another laugh and goof around. Not so a guy would want to come up and talk to me. But to each his own I guess.

3 comentarios:

jpabad dijo...

no friends of mine have gotten arrested while i was there...
but i don't think that I'd call mom with that bit of news..

jes dijo...

Yea, normally that's the kind of information that gets omitted when I talk to her, but since it was already 4 and I knew I wasn't going to be going home anytime soon, and given her preference for freaking out when I don't come home I figured I'd call and let her know what was going on.

Lasu dijo...

Wow, this guy sounds like a fun dude, lol!