julio 25, 2006

and then there was one.

Blah.

For the past week Yara has been my constant companion. And now she is boarding her place and heading back to California. Ev left on Sunday and is already back in Boston. I miss them already. Sure I've been ruining on at most 6 hours of sleep and my place is a mess and I'm tired as hell, but this past week has been awesome. Like complete and total super busy perfection. There was a picnic at the park with fried chicken and biscuits. Swimming at 11am while still tipsy from the previous nights drinking. There was an awesome birthday dress. I saw some nipples which were perfection but will remain nameless. A soccer game. Colombian food. Venezuelan food. Greek food. A trip to a taqueria at midnight. I got into the club for free all by myself.

It was basically one full week of all my favorite things. Which is funny because really you rarely ever get to do just all of your favorite things and ignore everything else. Well I still went to work, but I just took hour long lunch breaks out of the office, which I'd never done before because I was a bit too consumed in getting everything done. The work/play balance was thrown off this week, but it was fabulous. And I loved every moment of it.

Plus having your birthday fall on a Saturday is an incredible dangerous thing. Because you go out on Friday and then again on Saturday and by the time Sunday hits you take a pass on that wine at dinner, because your liver just cant take anymore.

And my friends. My friends are awesome. I wanted everyone to meet them because they are just perfection. Crazy neurotic I am going to murder them in their sleep and then make out with them some more perfection. I'm convinced that Mount Holyoke women are a totally different deal. It was hilarious watching men try to talk them up and then being destroyed because they just don't stack up.

And the boys. They behaved themselves very well this weekend. And smelled especially good this weekend. I was really happy with them. Even if they couldn't decipher our humor and thought Yara was seriously a whore, and married, and had ten kids. But whatev, it was funny none the less.

Yea this past week was perfect.

Oh and my apartment? It rocks. I'm 20 minutes away from the airport. Down the street from my pho place, my favorite greek place, and the club, and my after club drunken eating place. Ten minutes from the best fried chicken in town, and the soccer stadium, and my job. I actually think I could get away with buying a vespa. So we'll see.

3 comentarios:

Lasu dijo...

Your friends are hot.

jes dijo...

thanks! it was marvelous!

and they are hot. i dont hang out with ugly people.

Lasu dijo...

Soooo hot.