julio 05, 2006

Jump in

Five day weekends are magical things. Not so magical is the pain of waking up at 6am after 5 days straight of not waking up until around noonish. It was a great weekend. An awesome weekend. The type of weekend were you kind of forget you have this awesome job that you normally go to for 5 days a week and instead think your life revolves around pubs, yummy food, and futbol.

Sadly however my life now also revolves around being painfully not awake and yet still being forced to function for 8 hours. I had kinda forgotten that my brain isn't really awake before noon. Which is why I spent the majority of my day doing data entry, because it requires the absolute minimum of brain cells to get the job done right. And by the majority I mean to say that I spent 8 hours entering data. I have the sneaking suspicion that in my dreams tonight I'll be entering data.

Good times.

Last night though we went to the Dynamo game after watching the totally awesome Italian victory over those awful Germans. The game ended up being tied one to one. And it was sprinkling throughout the entire night. Not so fun when you consider its Houston in the summer and the air is already impossibly humid. Its also been raining for a week straight and will continue to rain for about another week. Which sucks.

Ah but best part of the game was the opening which featured a fly over which was pretty cool, but the best part by far were the skydivers which fell right above the stadium and looked like they were going to crash into the stadium and then managed to some how land smack in the middle of the playing field. Coolest thing I've ever seen.

Well except for that time I saw that kitten bitch slap a baby. But that's a story for another day. In the meantime here are the links:

* How to cut a mango, in video form. Mangoes are my favorite fruit. I could eat them ever day. I put salt on them and like them cold. Its magical. The only problem is that I make a bloody mess every time I eat them. So I have to load up on paper towels to eat them which cuts down on the places where I can eat them. This video how to however might just change my life allowing me to eat mangoes in more places than ever before.

* awesome awesome tattoos. via myaimistrue

* My friends are lovely. They are also idiots. In the interest of their well being I bring you how to avoid being arrested in video form, for those of you who don't like to read.

* This picture is a couple of years old, but it perfectly illustrates my personal philosophy that you can in fact be too old to rock teeny tiny shorts. Which is why if you can you should do so now while you still can and lose the leggins.

* beer clip. simple genius.

* did you ever want the internet to tell you
what celebrity you most looked like
? well today is your lucky day.

* My entire life I've been partial to nice boys. I've never been one for assholes. Well, not obvious assholes, some of them are pretty sneaky. Anyways if you need to be converted over to the much happier side of life this list will help you see the light.

* Okay this is long, but soo worth it. "When you cant earn an MBA: Thoughts on getting ahead without an MBA" read it, pass it along.

* And finally the banana that you know and love is on the verge of extinction. Don't worry though, science will save the day. Okay, well worry a little, but not too much because it happened before and we survived. Also long, also worth reading.

No hay comentarios.: