julio 01, 2006

wasting time

So umm I had this super awesome post. It was epic. It was witty. Then firefox got mad at me and ate it. So just be aware that I can already tell that this post is not going to be nearly as epic as the one that was just lost. I'll give you a moment to mourn.

Moment gone. Basically though I've been mia for a week because I have an 8 to 5 (well really an 8:30 to 5 something ish) and I'm still in that magical brand new job phase were I don't spend 85% of my day stalking people on facebook. I don't think it really sunk in that I was actually employed for real until I deleted my "jobs I should apply to folder." Best. Feeling. Ever. And I do mean ever. I don't wanna jinx it though but I really think this job is a really good fit for me. Its like every random thing I ever learned to do (except for welding) is being put to use. Case and point in this past week I've translated a brochure, stared at some code and created some web pages, entered stuff into a data base, edited a letter, and you know saved the world. Not bad for the first week. So I'd like to keep my job, hence my not blogging at work. I have no interest in getting dooced. And that's pretty much that.

I'll tell you the most random part of my week at work though. A woman who works for the Finland version of us came to visit the office and she was the most stunning woman I have ever seen. Like period. And I've seen a lot of pretty women. This woman though was abnormally stunning. Like for 10am in the middle of the week in some bad office lighting to be that stunning is not right. Which makes me wonder if she would have been considered that beautiful in Finland or if there she's like the average pretty woman. And if so why haven't we gone over there and conquered that shit?

I like how this is what I'm spending my time thinking about. Also I've realized that working cuts right into my reading-every-damn-thing-on-the-internet time. Which means that I spent about 7 hours today (I wish was I was joking about that number) catching up on everything I missed. and let me tell you I missed alot.

So here's what I missed:

* Brooke Hogan (Hulk Hogan's daughter) made a music video. Well her daddy's money made a music video. And it makes me feel bad for her. Very very bad because when Paris Hilton makes a better music video than you, you know your in the wrong profession. She's a big girl too, like a pretty and big and tall girl she'd make a good wrestler maybe she should do that instead, I cant imagine Paris Hilton being a good wrestler, so she'd have her beat there.

* I'm so glad I'm not alone. Although I do have to say that having an all European world cup finals pretty much kills my interest in the cup. I'm rooting for Portugal and pretty much just hoping that anyone but the Germans win. But I'm not obsessed eating drinking sleeping it like I was at the beginning of the cup. Also I'd like to be the first to offer a conspiracy theory and say that this cup was rigged. Its insane and unthinkable that no Latin American teams or even a Asian team made it to the semi-finals. There were good teams that were robbed because of bad ref calls. So I say the refs were bought and this whole cup was sham. the end.

* I want these!

* a great little motivational blog post thing. even though I did an awful job describing it you should go read it. Its about removing barriers and getting shit done.

* If your dumb enough to wear flip flops to your office job then your not smart enough to get promoted. end of story.

* One of the billion reasons I never take any pictures that I wouldn't want my mother to see. And just so you know, unless you work with ron jeremy you totally don't want to read this at work.

* My goal is to finally finish reading "Love in the Time of Cholera" soon. I'm re-reading it in Spanish and it makes my brain hurt. Hence my putting it down and watching god awful tv instead. Once this is over and I destroy this book I'll be able to read something else, which is where this handy master reading list thing comes in.

* I was going to watch Superman today, but the movie was sold out. You should know that the only reason I'd even agreed to see the film was because alcohol was involved. But after reading this, I'm so much more interested in good ol' Clark Kent.

* And finally this. Last night I went out and in celebration of my new job wore my celebration dress. Otherwise known as the naked dress. Now I'm not actually naked in this dress, as always everything is covered. There just isn't that much coverage. And its all held together with some string. A good dress. Anyways for the first time in wearing this dress I got attention in a way that very much made me uncomfortable. And it wasn't even crude or anything like that, it was just coming from people that I don't want looking at me like that. But there was some leering and I wanted to disappear. Or find a sweater. Anyways it was the type of thing that only happens when you find yourself in the midst of a pack of men. Which is pretty much my entire social life now. Male attention is a funny thing, and for some reason unlike the blogger whose post I linked to up there, I've never gotten mad at being looked at and cat called or harassed, because I honestly think its me. Because my skirts are really tiny, and men cant help themselves, and if I don't wanna get leered at dry clean that burka and rock that shit in the club. And the fact that I honestly feel its my fault that I'm getting leered at is sad. Yea okay I'm cute and you can look, but no matter how revealing the outfit you should always be respectful of the person in it. Cause there's a person in there under all those breasts./rant

No hay comentarios.: