junio 25, 2006

Wayne Rooney is an ugly troll

So clearly I have a problem. An addiction if you will. It started innocently enough, like these things always do. A game with my dad. Then another. But things were under control. It was only a weekend thing. Then the worldcup hit. And suddenly I was watching 3 games a day. Watching games that I had no reason to be watching (Tunisia vs Saudia Arabia anyone?) Not just passively watching the games mind you, but seriously interested and invested in the outcome. I knew myself well enough to know that I needed to kick this habit and return to my normal life. During the Argentina vs Netherlands match I went to go see Nacho Libre. But I spent most of the movie txt messaging various people to make sure I didn't miss anything. But even then things were still under control.

Ok so not really. About 80% of my conversations now are about the world cup. Its pretty much all that I talk about with my daddy. Gone are the days when we bitched about politics. Now we talk strategy, bitch about refs, and make predictions about future games. So far so good. We've called the Argentinian, German, and Portugal win. If it wasn't for those dirty stupid brits the much better and much more awesome Ecuadorian team would have also gone through.

Thankfully those awful brits will get a taste of their own medicine when they play against Portugal. Wayne Rooney and his ugly mug are going down.

/crazed soccer rant

Now the real problem though is that tomorrow I rejoin the working world. And will no longer be able to watch the games live. So tomorrow will be the real test of my ability to get a handle on this little vice.

Okay and now links!:

* This was totally made for me. Its at once cute and just a wee bit disturbing.


* Brent noticed that the french teams jersey's have a little colar on them which started a discussion on uniforms. Google came to the rescue once again and brought me this.

* The Urban Etiquette guide. Best. Thing. Ever. How do you politely handle a one night stand? This and other highly important questions are answered. So go read it right now.

* 100 awesome music videos. The title says it all.

* Ask a ninja explains net neutrality.

* Oh and my curiosity? Totally another addiction. A delicious delicious addiction.

No hay comentarios.: