junio 07, 2006

maneater

Dear Internets,

I have an interview. For tomorrow. With a nonprofit. Doing what I actually want to do. And they found me I didn't even directly apply.

Today has totally redeemed itself.

And since blogger has stopped being obnoxious I can share with you all these links:

* Al Gore likes to bum people out. We all know this. Now though you can personally see how much of the problem you are by going here and determining your impact on the Earth.

* Sometimes I come across something and I'm reminded of how naive I really am. This is one of those times. Did you know that the US will grant citizenship to known torturers? Cause I sure didn't. Because clearly I've been living in la-la land and thought that there was some sort of system to determine if people were qualified to live in the US.

* An incredible op-ed that brings a totally different perspective to the whole Plan B debate (ie not making it available over the counter because the Bush administration is full of tools). If there's only one thing your going to read today that's going to use your brain, this should be it. via feministing.

* So I listened to the Paris Hilton song. Clearly anyone can be made to sound good using the wonder that is technology. I just wish the wonder that is technology was being used on something a billion times more beneficial to humanity than Paris Hilton. Just so you know this is a direct link to her song, so its going to start loading immediately. I'm just letting you know so you can keep your shame of listening to it away from your coworkers.

* Shiloh Jolie-Pitt is the messiah. And now you can ask her questions.

* So cute!

* Umm. Don't open this around people. And I got it from Lasu. And honestly I don't wanna know how he came across it. I just know you need to see it.

* The symmetry thesis is simple:

A given person likes (loves) you as much as you like (love) him or her


I think its bs and yet strangely true all at the same time.

* National Geographic has a lovely series of essays of why soccer rules the world.

3 comentarios:

Lasu dijo...

That symmetry thesis is something that would hold in an ideal world.

We all know how ideal things can be.

P.S. Why does Paris Hilton sound like early No Doubt?

Ugh. I should be sleeping not reading blogs.

jes dijo...

Yea why arent you sleeping? I know I'm asleep at 2am.

And she does sound like early No Doubt, and what does that say about Gwen?

Lasu dijo...

I was cracked out on a computer game. Ugh.

And that doesn't say anything about Gwen, she was a great artist back then with quality music. Just because P-ho sounds like her doesn't mean anything.

I HOPE.

Nga's gettin blasted 'n shit over here.