junio 20, 2006

puffy hair = sad jes

So its been raining for the last 4 something days. Lots of rain. Enough rain that its the first thing everyone talks about. Enough rain that Houston was on the front page of the nytimes (at least the online edition, I don't read the newspaper edition). Fortunately I love rain. Its my favorite weather condition. I like the way the air smells during a thunderstorm. The sound of giant raindrops hitting my window. The way my car slides around a little bit and I have zero visibility and suddenly driving to the grocery store requires more brain cells than it typically does. All of it is good.

Except for the humidity. Which is already bad in Houston. Bad enough that if you've never been in Houston during the summer or really at any point during the year you have no idea what humidity is actually like. In Erie I had finally figured out the perfect combination of products and the exact order in which to put them in to get my hair to perfectly curl. Now that I'm back in Houston my hair refuses to play along. With all the rain its pretty much impossible to get it to not puff up.

So I'm seriously considering chopping it all off and doing some cute pixie thing just so I don't have to go all Bill Nye on my hair to get it to behave again. Only problem is that there's always that awful stage when your hair is growing out where no matter what you do its just angry. So basically I don't know what I'm doing with my hair and I just wasted a good couple of minutes of your life talking to you about it. Sorry about that.

Ok here are the links, there are a ton of them so try to keep up:

* Pretty much everyday I go to the park and eat lunch with my daddy. Because its fun and I'm a dork, get over it. Anyways there are always a ton of ants trying to eat me alive and with all the rain I started to wonder what ants do exactly when it starts to rain. My daddy and I theorized some stuff until I got curious enough to just google it and get this answer. Which was good and all but when google just wont cut it there's this old school solution.

* This is just creepy. via apartmenttherapy

* I love men that smell good. After 4 years being away from men at moho, my sense of smell is hyperdeveloped. Meaning that in a room full of women I could tell when I man entered the room first by smell and then by sight. So this new commercial with Nick Lachey amuses me greatly.

* "Gay Until Penetration" awesome article from the villagevoice.

* Another funny colbert video.

* How to make your own ac take 2.

* A great but long interview with Damon Dash.

* Victoria Beckham aka "Posh" is the scariest woman alive. Can we talk about her breasts for a moment though? What exactly is going on there? If you know please let me know. Oh this woman gives me the creeps too. Mostly because no mother of 4 should look like this. Its unnatural.

* I'm all about the sexy nerd look. that's all I 'm willing to share about that.

* I couldn't finish a crossword puzzle to save my life. Which is weird because I love logic puzzles and I love words. For some reason though I can never figure out the clues. So I cheat. Its wrong and it makes me feel dirty, but it gets the job done. I'm more of a suduko type of girl, even still I found this article/interview with the guy who makes the crosswords for the nytimes super entertaining.

* When soccer players yell at the refs what language are they speaking in? Slate answers this pressing question.

No hay comentarios.: