junio 02, 2006

running just as fast as you can

It seems that 80% of the work that I did during college is now lost. A couple of months ago I switched from my desktop to my brand new itty bitty laptop. I assumed that I had moved all of my files, but I was being pretty lazy about the whole thing because well I was in Erie and I was being pretty lazy about life. So today when I was searching through my files it suddenly hit me that I'd only moved over some of my women's studies stuff. But the majority of my work, all those italian papers I wrote, all that umass stuff, all of my economics stuff was gone. Not anywhere on my laptop. Strangely I feel kinda okay about the whole thing. Its not like I read any of that stuff after I turned it in. At the same time though I kinda need it for writing samples. And you know to have something beyond a tiny diploma to show for 4 years of saturday nights spent at the library.

Andys going to look over the computer in Erie and see if miraculously any of the files are still there. I doubt it though. I left in a rush and I distinctly remember telling him to just delete everything. I do have hard copies of stuff. Well some stuff, not all of it. Yet another reminder to back absolutely everything up.

okay its link time:

* Okay this video is great for about a billion reasons. I'll just give you the top three: 1) its maradona 2) the song is impossibly happy and 3) his shorts are so tiny they'll make you giggle just a bit.

* This video makes it possible for me to inflict mattress mack on the rest of the world. Actually mtv did that, I'm just passing the link along.

* The number of people that you've had sex with is a number that isnt easily disclosed. Unless your bragging or talking to someone your close to, it really isnt something people like to talk about. There's too much judgment. Both good and bad. A more interesting number would be how many people you wished you'd slept with. Or the number of times you've had sex. Or number of times you had sex but would have rather been watching some bad tv instead. This article from the village voice talks about the dreaded number and why we shouldnt pay so much attention to it at all.

No hay comentarios.: