noviembre 28, 2003

Parents

I've been thinking about parents today, and how when I was younger there were always things that I wanted to do but my parents just wouldn't let me. Especially since my parents are notoriously protective. When I was in sixth grade I liked a boy named josh rocke. and although he wasn't the brightest he had really blue eyes and I wanted to go to the roller rink with him on a "date" or as much of a date when you can have when ur in sixth grade and your parents are still driving you around. But of course my parents wouldn't let me go by myself, probably since they didn't trust alesha (I wonder why?) and they didn't trust me. so they came along. on my "date" with josh rocke. and scarred me for life. and you know what I thank them for that. alesha's parents let her do whatever she wanted and bought her all the coolest things (she had a waterbed when she was 12, how cool is that?) and let her have birthday parties. all I got was bunk beds and being forced to go to church and not being allowed to bring home B's.

but now I'm well adjusted and alesha's well...getting a divorce and has the most adorable kid. so I'm thankful that my parents were so mean to me when I was 12, because what the hell did I know when I was 12? nothing. what did my parents know? that boys named josh rocke end up in rehab before they turn 21 and that I would get nowhere hanging out at the roller rink. my parents rock. no pun intended.

No hay comentarios.: