septiembre 09, 2003

the umass vortex of doom

I woke up at 7am this morning and went on my merry way to Umass for my second attempt at taking a class there, so i get there at 9am, 15minutes early to class, and sat in the room and waited. then i waited some more, then as more people started to pass by the room, but not go into the room i was in i became very nervous that i was in the wrong classroom. so i wandered the hall looking for some sign of where my class would be. Then people starting going into the room where i had been waiting so i felt relief that i wasnt an idiot and was in the right room all along. Except that these didnt look like the type of ppl that would be taking an econ or women's studies class (it was the political economics of women) and then i saw the professor and he definetly didnt look like the kind of man that would teach a women's studies class. and he wasnt. this wasnt my class, it was biology or neuroscience or something. so i got up and left the building feeling like an idiot and got right back on the bus to go back to moho, where things make sense to me. where the pol econ of women was being held i dont know...although now i know that i wouldnt have gotten in anyways bc my professor emailed me and told me that there was an 8 person waiting list for the course.

that was my morning. this is why i dont wake up that early. but i did perform a good deed by telling hampshire kids how to get to the gym and where to buy food. so not all was wasted.

No hay comentarios.: