abril 12, 2005

come out and play in the sun

You know I'm ready to check out when I'm updating my blog a million times a week.

Time needs to hurry up. And my work needs to magically get itself done. Specifically my painting class, in which I'm 2 assignments behind. Eh. I wish I cared. Yesterday I sketched out my still-life and my Prof. came by and freaked out on me telling me that I made the purple ball (one of those kickball things) too big. Basically he wanted me to start over. And I just stared at him and told him I didnt want to put too much stuff in it and that I liked it. And he said that he wanted me to put stuff in it because I have a habit of making things too "shapey." I have no clue what that means. If he had said "cartoony" or "cute" I would have agreed with him. So I ignored him and continued on. The man doesnt like me as it is, which might be a problem if I cared, but I dont.

Oh well. In other news I've decided that my summer plans will revolve around me getting the fuck out of my life. Specifically not going to Houston for longer than 2 weeks (my parents are lovely but stressful) and getting out of the country. I got a sorta job offer that would be able to pay for my need to spend ridiculous amounts of time around people who speak Spanish and in a bikini. Its good to know I have priorities. Or not.

Links:

*Why naming your kid "Roshanda" is probably a bad sign. There's also a list of the whitest and blackest names. Thankfully Jessica is not on either list.

*Pink umbrella from Target. (from mighty goods)

*One in seven Americans would stop in the middle of sex to answer their cell phone. Why?

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Sounds like another spoiled rich white girl to me.

jes dijo...

Yea actually that is exactly what I am.

loser.

Anónimo dijo...

Loser is right. Anyone who stereotypes another person on the basis of a misunderstanding or misreading words and phrases is most definitely a loser. I think he or she just wanted to hurt you --- people are cruel in that way --- but you are too good to let that happen. To thine own self be true! The world needs more patience, understanding, and love AND less grudges and hatreds and stereotyping. I wish you the best.