abril 16, 2005

le piccole virtu

This past week has been bizarre. I ran into the one person I absolutely did not want to see. It was bound to happen. I don't think he saw me. And if he did I don't think either of us wants to say a damn thing to one another. Well maybe a few choice words, but I'm civilized enough to keep them all in my head.

He looked so happy and carefree. I think that's what really got to me. How happy and carefree he looked. This week has just been like that, reminders from the past about the way I once was and how I'm no longer that person. Letting go of the past is a lot like mourning for someone who has passed, except once you let go there is something much better waiting on the other side.

This entire school year has been reflective like that. Looking at the past, figuring out what to keep and what gets thrown out. There's been a lot of throwing out this past week. But, its good its like pulling out the weeds so they don't suck all the minerals from the daffodils.

So what if I trust way less people than I did before? The good still outnumber the bad. And in the end, thats what keeps me going.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Sounds like you need to talk to him and work through this anger/hatred. When someone wishes another person to be unhappy, then these feelings have a way of producing negative effects in the person with those feelings. You don't seem like the hating type, don't let yourself become one. Maybe he's a human being, just like you.