marzo 23, 2004

long time no blog

so I'm still in Texas and I wish it was for happier reasons, but my dad had a small heart attack last monday but he didnt know it was a heart attack and drove across texas to mcallen and back and didnt go to the doctor until Friday, so I went with him. From that point on it was one surprise after another (he was hospitalized for observation then they transfered him to intensive care) until today when he had two byasses done on his heart. Thankfully it went well, it was a four hour surgery and he's looking so much better now than he was when he first got out of surgery. He had a breathing tube and was covered in cables and it was too much. Then later on he was on a respirator but still when he took breaths it was incredibly strained and he kept slipping out of consiousness. But this last visit he was a gatrillion times better and could talk to us, it was still strained and sometimes i couldnt understand him and he was really pale, but he was himself. We had some laughs about how all of us are changing our diets, my brother is eating organic and I cant look at a burger anymore. I tried to eat a whopper and it was pretty disgusting. I've pretty much just been in the hospital from 10-8pm, keeping my daddy company. He's been such an amazing sport about the whole thing and I think things are going to be okay. Although its amazing to think about how this time last week if you had told me my dad was going to need major surgery i would have looked at you like you had an arm growing out of ur head. I'm in theory going back on friday, and I just hope he's out of the icu by then.

No hay comentarios.: