marzo 09, 2004

Shake it like a salt shaker

Today just rocked.

yes it was snowing and its March, yes it was like 26 degrees, but today was just such a great day and I really needed that.

It started out like any other crappy Tuesday, I was up at 8:30am and had writers block. For the life of me I couldn't get out the letter I was supposed to be writing to this amazing Jewish writer who was coming into my class. Like what could I possibly say to a woman who has won tons of awards and has ppl constantly telling her how brilliant she is? So I'm late, and since I have to email my prof before noon with the letter, I have think of something. Adding to my stress is that I have a presenter coming into my Spanish class, so they told me to not be late. Of course I'm late. I'm always late. I finally get some semblance of a letter spit out and by this point I'm scrambling to get my stuff in order. I head out of my room and of course I forgot my one card, which I need to get into my door/eat, so I go back. I grumbled to myself "today's going to suck."

little did I know that today was going to rock. I was only a couple of minutes late to Spanish since I ran to class, and my presenter rocked. She spoke the most perfect Spanish, and had an adorable Puerto Rican accent, and she was just great. Then one of Spanish professors (who I am just in love with) brought up like class, race, gender, and language issues into our little discussion on bilingual education and I was in my own geeky heaven. Then lunch came, and I had both a really great discussion and a really delicious clam chowder.

after lunch I checked my mail, and I got the Hall President position that I wanted in the dorm that I wanted. By this point I'm just jumping up and down like a little girl. The my femtheory class I was on point, and like arguing with the prof and bringing up good points, which is great bc that's what I like to do. but even better than that was that some other ppl brought up some great points so there was an actual discussion going on. Then I got to umass and we had the opportunity to hear and talk to Marjorie Agosin about her book, El angel de la memoria, and she was just amazing. The courage that this woman has is amazing.

So yea, that's my rocking day. How was yours?

*Ohhh and I learned that the Shakers practice celibacy so there are only four left in the world. amazing.

No hay comentarios.: