marzo 10, 2003

i just watched Amistad for economics and it was a very powerful experience watching this movie, I'd never seen it before and it was just such an amazing movie. I think what got me the most from it was the violence depicted within the movie, i couldnt watch most of it bc i get really squemish about blood and people being whipped to death, but it just made me really think about the slave experience in America, particularly the feelings of freed slaves who were living among slaves. It was just a very powerful movie. At the end of the movie, there was a conversation where Cinque says to John Quincy Adams that he's going to summon his ancestors all the way from the beginning of time ih other to help them at this last trial before the supreme court, bc they have to help him bc in that momment he is the entire reason for their existance. and that really got to me, that idea of being connected to ur ancestors and being a living legacy to them, it makes me wish i knew further beyond my grandparents, and even saying that i know them is a little shaky, but just knowing what that story is, what their story was....I wish i knew.

No hay comentarios.: