noviembre 18, 2002

i'm starting to think that the source of my problems lie in the fact that i am too well liked. i will even venture to say that i am too loved for my own good, bc no one wants me to leave them. this should be a great thing, but the problem is that i become very attached to people that i also love and care for, and so i dont want to leave them either. the new problem with my going to italy plan thing, is that my advisor, who i adore terribly, will be in hong kong when i come back. this means that in my senior yr, i will no longer have my wonderful advisor who make random phone calls for me and get me into the classes i want and teaches fun econ courses for me. this makes me very sad. and all sorts of panicky. he's now attempting to get me to go to umass for grad so that i will continue to see him after i graduate and so he can sit on my disertation committee. i have to admit that the prospect of having him, wolff, and resnick sitting on my committee is very nice. but i hate this weather, mostly bc i get all sickly when its cold and dont want to venture outside. so then i become antisocial and moody and such. oh well, grad school is very far away from now. satya started joking around and saying that he never knows what to expect from me. i never do either. but so far i think i've done alright. i think i'm going to italy. i'll learn to live without the internet and without seeing my favorite andy. that part also makes me really sad. hell maybe i wont get in and the choice will be made for me.

No hay comentarios.: