febrero 11, 2004

I am a strange southern girl, because I dont think of myself as American but I definately think of myself as being a southerner (and andy if you tell me i'm from the southwest i may resort to violence). and I'm even stranger still because I came to school in north where people seem to enjoy to just bash the south, which is funny considering how I don't think we ever just sat around and talked about "the north" or those "yankees." I like the south. I happen to think that Texas is a wonderful place with a ton more diversity than in the north, and that I'll be incredibly happy when i can move back down and live in a nice big pretty house.

so today in my econ of race class we of course talked about "the south" and how awful things were down there. and i started to feel myself getting angry, almost to the extent as if someone was talking about my mother. well almost, nothing makes me as angry as that. Mostly because the majority of the women in the class are international students that are under the impression that discrimination is more of an internal/mental issue than an actual reality, probably since they've only experienced living in South Hadley which is like a road and a supermarket.

but yea, so of course we were talking about schools and i mentioned the booker and its very interesting system of segrating people based on whether they were engineering students or not, and how the downstairs people had the options of taking typing and shop but we never did. which got me thinking about HSEP and what a strange high school it is, and how i pretty much hated going there but at the same time it was the best place that i could be. which is odd since i still have a strong dislike for the school.

using the power of google I found this so that if i start feeling really nostaligic towards HISD I can purchase some humpcaps or whatever else strikes my fancy.

No hay comentarios.: